Dear Fellow Carpenters,
This notice is to inform you that meetings for NYC carpenters’ local union members will commence within the next two weeks to discuss:
- Financial and activities transparency of the NYCDCC, the NYCDCC Benefit Funds, the
/ Apprenticeship Journeymen’s Retraining, Education and Industry Fund and the affiliated NYC carpenters’ local unions. The discussion will include what information should be disclosed, to whom, how, when, where, and why. NYCDCC Technical Labor College
- The creation and instituting of NYCDCC et al and affiliated NYC carpenters’ local unions procedural systems to detect, notify, prevent, and remedy incompetence and corruption.
- The possibility of bringing of charges against at least Peter Thomassen, Denis Sheil, Maurice Leary, Scott Danielson, and Edward McWilliams for violations of at least the UBC Constitution, NYCDCC By-Laws, the Collective Bargaining Agreements, and/or the Consent Decree.
- Any other matter of wide importance regarding the NYCDCC et al and the affiliated NYC carpenters’ local unions.
- The nature, schedule and location of future meetings.
Please respond by email as soon as possible to indicate whether you would like to attend. I can then provide you with the location, date and time of the meeting.
Daniel J. Franco
Local Union 157, UBC