Date: Fri, Aug 20, 2010 at 11:23
Subject: Scott Widmeyer; Forde and Co-Defendants Pensions
To: "Frank G. Spencer" fspencer/at/nyccarpenter.com
Cc: "Dennis M. Walsh" dmwfw/at/verizon.net
In an August 18, 2010, NY Daily News article, 'Corrupt carpenters union big Michael Forde gets to keep $128G pension', reporter Brian Kates reports, ""We intend to make every attempt possible to block these pensions going to the people who have pleaded guilty or have been implicated in serious wrongdoing," said district council spokesman Scott Widmeyer. Widmeyer said the union plans to sue Forde and his co-defendants and will apply for a piece of their federal fines."
- Who is Scott Widmeyer? Is he the Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Widmeyer Communications (http://www.widmeyer.com/)?
- Who decided to hire him? You alone? Or were others involved in the decision? If so, who were/are the others?
- Why was he hired? Why do we need a NYCDCC spokesperson? Does he also represent any of the NYC local carpenter unions?
- What is the date that he was hired? For what length of time or until what goal is achieved is he expected to be retained?
- To date, what is the amount of money paid by the NYCDCC to his firm?
- Had he ever been hired before by any Carpenters' local union, council, or the UBCJA? If so, when and for what?
- To whom does "We" refer in Widmeyer's statement? You and him? DeCarlo, Connor and Shanley? The UBCJA? The NYCDCC?
- Regarding Widmeyer's statement, "the union plans to sue", who will actually be performing this action? Am I correct to figure it will be DeCarlo, Connor and Shanley? When are they expected to file this suit? If they already have started, when was the suit filed and what is the docket number?
- Are the (estimated) pension amounts stated by Kates accurate for Forde at $128,000 and for Greany at $50,000? Were these amounts provide to Kates by Widmeyer? GraBois? You?
- By what law(s) will the the "union" attempt to prevent the disbursement of pension benefits to "Forde and his co-defendants"?
- Is there any intent to prevent the disbursement of pension benefits to others, such as Thomassen, Sheil, Leary, and others who have "retired", resigned or were dismissed?
- If awarded, to whom would the "piece of their federal fines" be provided? DeCarlo, Connor and Shanley? The UBCJA? The NYCDCC?
Daniel J. Franco